Thursday, April 12

New Cathe

I cross train on T/Th mornings...usually with a Cathe Friedrich video. This morning, Henry started waking up at 4am, and then Leo had wet sheets - so I decided to do my exercise during preschool so I could sleep in a little.

I got the Step after H was born, and I've just been doing the tape that came with it. It has a beginner section, and then a cardio and weights section. I love the cardio and weights part, but I've gotten so used to it that I know when she's going to say the wrong thing, who's going to make a mistake in the background, etc.

So, I invested in a new video that has 6 different routines on it. I tried the first one today, and it was great to do something new. There were several steps that I didn't get, but I know it will take several times to get it all down. She did lots of plank work, and I could tell that that is something that will give me a good challenge - staying in that position as long as she does.

I'm going to have to invest in two new pieces of equipment for this tape. A 15lb hand weight and a small barbell. At least it's not an exercise ball. I so want one of those, but I haven't yet figured out how to work it around the Leo factor.

No comments: