Tuesday, April 17

Springfest 5K

Last Saturday, I ran a 5K in downtown Allen that benefited Allen Community Outreach. I was looking forward to a beautiful spring run, but it was downright nasty. It was cold (40s) and windy with gusts up to 30mph. This race had a 1 mile at 8:00 and a 5K at 8:30, so I had planned to do both. But after hearing from my friend Carla that it was so nasty, we canceled for the 1 mile, and just went at 8:30 for the 5K.

We ran straight into the wind for the first half, then with the wind in one ear for awhile as we made the turn, but the final stretch was much better since the wind was at our backs. The turnout was pretty thin - I imagine because of the weather. I have no idea what my time was - I was just happy to have it over and to be able to go to Starbuck's to warm up.

No comments: